Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring, Flings and Washing Machines...

Whoever thought of smacking Spring Break the week after Spring forward is my new "bestest" friend ever!
Things started out rocky, but in the end...
We have have had a GREAT week!

We started our Spring Break a little early by pulling Bug out of school at lunch time Friday and meeting Aunt Bec and Uncle K for lunch while they were visiting and Gram and Grandpa's house.  We had planned on camping in our new camper Friday and Saturday, but it ended up being cold and rainy.
Saturday we witnessed a Great Friend get married to a wonderful man...
so happy for her and her kids to find someone who loves them so much.
Then I washed my iPhone in the washing machine.
What can I say, I'm talented.
I will say...
Our pastor encouraged us to participate in Lent this year.
I've never done this before, but decided to take the challenge.
I have been trying to use this Lent season to focus on my priorities and attitudes, and found a great Lent devotional series on my bible app.
I put a lot of thought into what would be a sacrifice to give up, this sounds silly, but I decided to give up Route 44 Dr. Pepper's from Sonic.
They are .99 every morning at our Sonic and had become an almost every day occurrence.
When Hubs laughed at me and pointed out that I could just go across the street and get a large Dr. Pepper at McDonald's for the same price instead, I decided I'd better pump it up a notch...
NO DR. PEPPER and NO SONIC.
SIGH...
So, back to the iPhone.
I went 4 days without it.
No camera at my finger tips,
no Groupon updates,
no as-they-happen news or weather,
no Twitter,
no Words or Scramble,
no texting...
Oh, and Tuesday at work, I had to go downstairs and ask BFF for my mom's telephone number.
I don't know my own mother's phone number...
Talk about some perspective.
I might should have given up smart phones for Lent.

So, Sunday we decided to go for our inaugural camping adventure.
This winter some good friends upgraded to a bigger camper and gave us a great deal on their pop-up camper.
Because of the aforementioned phone incident, there are no pics.
We had beautiful weather and a wonderful time with family and friends!

Wednesday at work I was able to help some friends meet their new little baby boy.
One of the hardest, yet wonderful days at work, and allowed for some much needed work balance.
The new mom was a champion and one of the toughest women I've ever had the privilege of working with...amazing!

Now, for the picture portion of this event...
(that is, if anybody's still reading after all the rambling)
Thursday.
We got to keep our Sweet Girl for the day...
 She is growing up so fast, and is an amusing blend of Sweet and Sassy.
We took off to the park for a picnic and some play time.
It dawned on me after we picked up lunch that I was about to take 4 kids to the park...
But my "Bigs" really stepped up and were an invaluable help!
 Such big helpers!
He was way more excited than she was!

Friday we wrapped up the week with the Zoo...
Granny wanted to take the kids,
it was a great idea!
 The kids had a blast!
 and they actually posed for pics!

 Probably one of my new favorite pics!
 This one looked better in my brain, but I need to start making a better effort to take pics of them together more often.
So, we've had a wonderful week.
Now it's time to break down and do some cleaning.
You can definitely tell that we've been focusing or energies on enjoying the great spring weather by looking at the inside of our house :)

I saw my new favorite quote the other day that said something along the lines of 
Dirty floors, sticky tables and happy kids :)
We're totally living that right now!
Happy Spring Break everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment