Monday, July 27, 2009

The ditch...

For some reason, when Hubs mentioned a little sewer work at Memaw's house Saturday, I envisioned a little trench, a little pipe...then viola, we're done!

It never crossed my mind that I would look up from my book...
and see this...

for those who don't know...Hubs is over 6ft tall!!
Of course, with help like this...



and this...

and especially this...


The job got done!
Memaw got a new sewer line, Hubs and Poppy saved her a lot of $$, the kids got a kiddy pool (thanks to Granny), and me...well, I brought pineapple, kept the kids out of the hole, "supervised" nap time, taught Ace how to pee in the grass ahem, rough it, and kept the kids from hitting each other with shovels!
Sadly, Memaw's beautiful front yard with St. Augustine grass will be missed...I guess there's a price to pay for a good flushing toilet!

1 comment:

  1. yeah right.... "I looked up from my book"... pfffffftt... More like, " I looked up from my very cool Kendall (sp?) that my very favorite, awesome husband gave me for my birthday..." thats what you meant to say, right?

    ReplyDelete