Friday, September 18, 2009

Wow, This is Great...

I got a little emotional last week after dinner.

Hubs and I looked for a house for a long time.  Some people gave us a hard time about being picky, but we figured if we were going to move, we were going to get what we wanted and live there forever.

So, we made a list...I'll spare you the details, but on the top of my list, was a place where our kids could play safely.  Our old house was on a busy street, the dogs took up all of the backyard, so we were left with the front yard and sidewalk for outdoor activities.  It was ok for the time, but I knew that some of my most fun times as a kid were being outside, riding bikes, and playing with my siblings and the neighborhood kids and I wanted that for Bug and Ace.  I was tired of being worried that someone would run out in the road after a ball, or go down the driveway too fast into traffic.

Wednesday, after we cleaned up the kitchen we opened up the garage door and pulled out the bikes, scooters, new water buckets and a lawn chair.



Wow, it felt great to finally be there!
We stayed outside for a long time...and let me tell you, nothing smells better after a long week of moving and unpacking than a sweaty, stinky kid who has had a great time playing in their new yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment