Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yes, I am totally behind...

Big Surprise!

We've had lots of things going on recently, it's the time of the year to be busy I guess!

So, I talked to my Granmother tonight on the way home from church and she asked me "So any crazy kid stories for me today??"  Hmm, I can't really think of when my kids aren't crazy, but it reminded me of a funny conversation with Bug recently...and, it made Granmother giggle, and me giggle, so I figured I'd share with you all too!

Recently, since the weather is getting nice and 50 lbs won't seem to fall off of me while knitting, reading or sleeping, the kids and I have been "going on walks" which involves them riding their bikes and me walking along...usually pushing them up hills, threatening to leave the next person that randomly quits pedaling behind, and offering to feed the next boy who runs into his sister's bike at full speed when she quits pedaling to the next dog we see...great fun, and exercise all in one!  :)

Anyways, we're walking the other night after dinner and just finished a small hill when Bug stops pedaling and the following conversation happens:
 Bug: "WHOO Mom! My heart just started BEATING!"
Me: "Really??"
and being the former cardiac nurse and mother of a 6y.o. who thinks she's got everything figured out thought I could turns this into a lesson.
Me: "Well, actually, your heart is always beating...it's just that you are exercising now and your heart is beating faster than normal, so you can probably feel it beating fast."
Bug: "No, it just started beating, I know."

Well, OK...several attempts of trying to change her mind failed, and the we hit a tricky turn (meaning she had to pedal and steer at the same time) and the conversation dropped.

Until, yesterday on the way to Gram's house...

Bug: "Well lookie there mom, those people are out for a stroll, getting their exercise!"
Me: "Yes"
Bug: "I wonder if their hearts have starting beating yet?"

I'm ashamed to say, I just nodded and told her I didn't know...it seems that no matter what you try with her, she knows better...and no, Gram, I have no idea where she gets it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment