Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fun Weekend Recap...

I love 4th of July!
It's probably my favorite holiday of all times.
Even though I didn't get to swim and ride jet ski's this year,
Hubs and the "big kids" did and had a blast!

Our weekend was cram packed.
We started on Saturday with a 2hr car ride to my aunt and uncles house on the lake.
I was very unsure about the ride.
It was going to be our first trial run for our Colorado trip in August.
Yes, we're that crazy.
(and have been anticipating that Carlos is as good of a traveler as Bug and Ace have been)

Anyways, back to Saturday...
I actually took pictures!!
Aunt Bec and Uncle K were there,
Aunt Bec monopolized Carlos most of the day...
she had some time to make up  :)


The kids spent most of the day in the water...
this would be why Ace fell asleep about 30 seconds after we put the car in drive!
(and yes, that's our Sweet Girl, jumping off the dock just like the big boys!)
(the girl is fearless)

This is where I spent most of my day, when not feeding Carlos.
The covered porch, with the help of shade and a fan, was actually quite a comfortable place to sit, visit and watch the kids.
We had a great time with my dad's side of the family.
There's always plenty of kids and lots of visiting.

On Sunday, after church, we had family nap time and headed to "Nana's".
Nana, is not actually my kids Nana, but the funny thing about growing up in a close knit church family is that you actually feel like family.
Nana is one of Gram and Grandpa's friends that they've know since before they were married.
Any-who, Nana has a pool, and a big 4th of July fellowship every year.
There was lot's more swimming, visiting, and fun.
Carlos stayed in the living room getting loved on by all of the ladies, which I was thankful for, because it gave me a chance to watch Bug, Ace and Hubs in the pool.
(They always bring him straight back at feeding time :) it's the funny thing about nursing!)
And guess what...I took more pics!
Bug with her friend Mac.

My crazy boy!
Sweet Girl with BFF.

Our goofball nephew Ry.

Ace had a great time being tossed in by "Napin!"
Anybody who has tried to pick up Ace lately now knows how strong "Napin" is!


Just a few of our church family hanging out, enjoying the entertainment.

And my sweet Bug, who wanted nothing to do with the diving board, but has proved herself as a fearless pyrotechnic this year!

We wrapped up our weekend with the actual 4th of July.
We made our way to Granny and Poppy's small town for their festivities.
Hubs grilled burgers and hotdogs for a late lunch/early supper, then we pulled our lawn chairs out to watch the parade, that went right by the house!

Why yes, that is Uncle Sam...in his golf cart!
After the parade, there was a mean game of baseball...

Everybody got in on the fun!


I anticipate that next year Carlos will be in the thick of this next year...
but this time, he just chilled!

And, probably the funniest part of the afternoon,
Bug giving Hubs ballet lessons!
Cracked me up!

She became quite the ballerina this year!
After all that fun, we cooled off in the house before heading a couple of blocks over to watch the fireworks.
It was a great show, and we had the best seats!
I am so proud of Ace for finally conquering his fear of fireworks...he ended up having the best time next to his Aunt LeighLeigh!

It was the most fun weekend in a while.
I'm so thankful for all of the family time!
Hubs and I have gotten so used to not spending holidays together because of our weird schedules, so this was a real treat.
Hope you all had a great Independence Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun and busy weekend! I'm so glad that I was well enough to come and "monopolize" Carlos. It was sooooo special!

    ReplyDelete