Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

Just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to all of the amazing men in my life...


My dad...AKA Grandpa...father of 4, Grandpa of 4.5


Hubs dad...AKA Poppy...Father of 3, Poppy of 2


"Uncle J-Rod", father of 2, who is also nice enough to share a birthday with Ace.


JJ...an awesome uncle who will be a first time father in December!



and of course...Hubs!

You are all wonderful men, and I am so glad to have you all in our lives!
LOVE YOU!

Father's day also gives us a chance to remember those who helped raise us, but aren't here to hug anymore...
My "Granddad" Charles, who I was lucky enough to have at my wedding, but passed away the day after Thanksgiving 2002 after a long battle with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. I remember always how hard he worked, and how hard he laughed the day that mom was trying to teach me how to drive a standard at his house :) I will also be eternally grateful that we were there as a family the day that Granddad was baptised in the spring of 02!
And also, my "Papa" Wallace, who passed away 6 wks before Bug was born after complications following open heart surgery. Papa loved the Lord with a passion I've yet to see surpassed and smiled all the time.
Unfortunately I never had a chance to meet Hubs Grandfather's, but have heard wonderful and loving stories!
We miss you all!

1 comment: