Thursday, June 25, 2009

Oh what a day...

Sometimes I amaze myself...with sheer, natural stupidity. Yes, I know, I just called myself stupid...except we really don't use that word at our house...but since the kids can't read, I'll say it again...I can do some pretty STUPID things (just ask Hubs, or my dad who usually have to fix the aftermath).

Today. End of seven work nights, not sleeping well, woken up so Hubs could go help Grandpa, alone with 2 kids, hungry beyond reason with nothing to eat at home...and I'll insert here that I gave it an honest try...jelly but no PB, crackers but no cheese, no cereal, no lean cuisines, no anything edible...I decided that groceries were inevitable...now to the stupid part...

I fell for this...


and there was a lot of this...


For the record...only 1 innocent bystander was grazed, I did not loose my sanity, I did not yell, I think I got everything I was supposed to, and both kids made it home with me...oh the Grace of God is endless.

On a side note...the sunflower, for those of you on pins and needles, is now officially as tall as me. I would now give you photographic proof, but since yesterday was "national wear your husbands old gym shorts and blood donation t-shirt around town day" (if you didn't get that memo I'm sorry, perhaps you'll catch it next time and join in)...I'll just wait until tomorrow to take a new picture. Thank-you for your understanding.

1 comment: