Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy "World Wide Knit in Public Day"!

Yes, that's right people! Grab your friends,pattern, needles, yarn and go knit in public today!
I had actually never heard of such a day...
until this...

...while on our Tour O Texas last week, on our way from Bwood to Dr. Pepper Tx (more on that later) Hubs unfortunately regrets was so kind as to point out this sign in Comanche and...on impulse, after getting Bec (in the car behind us) on the phone, demanded to Hubs "Pull over immediately!! No I'm not joking, pull over I'm going to go knit!!" Because, what real knitter could drive past that sign and NOT want to whip out her needles (which were conveniently in the car with me) and join in the fun?? Not this knitter!


We met some lovely local ladies who all get together and knit once a week, saw lots of lovely projects, and just talked a lot about knitting...it was great!
These are some of the lovely local ladies...


Haley and Aunt Bec (actually Bec was helping Haley crochet)

Me knitting the back of a baby sweater I've been working on for my new nephew or niece...



All in all it was a lovely addition to the Tour of Texas 2009! Maybe next year I can host my very own Knit in Public Day celebration!




1 comment:

  1. One of the best and most random days ever! I'm so glad you saw the sign...but so sad that I didn't have my knitting with me!

    ReplyDelete